All car insurance companies in South Africa
What are all car insurance companies in South Africa?
- Benefits of vehicle insurance
- Covered items
- Reputable SA companies
- How to obtain FREE quotes
Significantly, the benefits of vehicle insurance far outweigh the monthly cost of premiums.
Remember that short-term insurance is one of the first items a family will forfeit to save on monthly overheads.
However, the cost of being involved in an accident could cripple a family financially.
What is covered?
- Damages sustained in accidents
- Injuries to drivers and passengers
- Vehicle theft
Just about all car insurance companies
These are just some of the well-known South African vehicle insurance companies:
- Auto & General
- Automobile Association
- Alexander Forbes
- Dial Direct
- 1st for Women
- King Price
In today’s cyber age it is quick and simple to find what you are looking for.
This, too, is true of vehicle insurance.
Most reputable short-term insurers have their own web sites.
So search for the information online and make a short-list of which products suit personal needs.
This information should include important factors such as:
- Type of cover
- Proximity of insurer’s benefits to personal locality
All of this can be achieved online.
Types of cover
Selecting type of cover is crucially important.
Although more expensive, people who spend a lot of time on the road should opt for full coverage.
The opposite could apply, for example, to a retired couple who only use their vehicle for daily chores and conveniences.
- Comprehensive cover – the most expensive but important for people who do a lot of travelling
If you are a casual, everyday driver, this will be the most suitable option.
- Third Party Fire and Theft – possibly a suitable option for those who spend less time on the roads. It covers fire damages, theft and vehicle replacement on modestly valued vehicle
- Third Party – only recommended for casual drivers whose vehicle are fully paid off
Consider the fact that 70% of South Africans do not have insurance on their vehicles.
However, accident DO happen.
So do investigate the different options and protect yourself, family and friends, as well as other users, from unforeseen events such as car accidents.
Also, in today’s age, crime rates are soaring and theft and hijacking are commonplace.
So rather pay a small monthly premium to insure your vehicle against theft, than to wake up tomorrow with no mode of transportation.
By clicking on the link below you can visit the various South African vehicle insurance companies’ websites and educate yourself on the product best suited to your needs and personal circumstances.