What is Telesure?
January 17, 2018
Telesure is the umbrella entity that houses several leading South African Insurance companies and brands. These include:
Telesure is the South African entity that houses the interests of Budget Holdings, the international, Guernsey based, financial services provider.
It operates and owns a handful of leading South African insurance brands and approaches its business model very keenly. This business model is multiple-brand, multiple-channel, through affinity partnerships, aggregator sales, broker sales and direct sales.
All Telesure group companies target various insurance segments, focused on a per-market needs basis and tailoring distribution channels to provide appropriate products to those market segments.
- Affinity products alongside premium brands such as Virgin Insurance and Money, powered by the AA
- A tailor-made insurance product, targeting the Afrikaans community in South Africa, known as Virseker
- Hippo, the leading online aggregator website
- Every policy book containing plain writing and terms
- Female market conscious ‘Cover with Care’ product through the brand, 1st for Women
- Contract records kept as voice logs
- Direct long-term cover through the brand 1Life
- Direct short-term cover
- Whichever is lesser between a quarter of all premiums paid over the first four years of a policy or a cash bonus, earned after a policy running four consecutive years without a single claim being lodged
- Online claims and quotes, all day long, with a capability of tracking claim progress
- Telephonically underwritten and arranged SME focused business insurance
- Electronic underwriting and scientific risk ranking
- Telephonic and paperless insurance
- Brokers and customers service charter featuring penalties that are self-imposed
- Car cover that is customisable, placing the control of the policy in the hands of the policyholder
Telesure: Companies and Brands
Auto and General Insurance is a mainstay in the short-term cover field. It offers affordability, client care excellence and innovatively packaged insurance products
Budget Insurance is a major household and motor insurer, providing the lowest premiums possible by slashing costs, not cover. Benefits that add value include:
- tracker fitting on vehicles that qualify
- Roadside Assist including towing services
- Petrol delivery in case of an emergency
- Home Assist – covers an hour’s labour charge as well as the call-out charge for locksmiths, glaziers, electricians and plumbers
- Budget Saver – for the cost conscious
- Business insurance
DialDirect Insurance has been active in South Africa since 2003, utilising smart innovation and clever thinking to further simplify insurance, ensuring further insurance uptake.
1st for Women Insurance was set up to tackle insurance that focuses on women. Included in their offerings are life insurance, business insurance, buildings cover, home contents cover and vehicle insurance.
Unity Financial Services offers insurance products that are affordable, including lifestyle and motor insurance, for those unforseen life elements. Products include vehicle dents nad scratches cover, rims and tyres accidental damage cover and motor cover warranties. Further, lifestlyle insurance products include funeral, legal, personal protection and personal accident cover.
A DialDirect product known as iBuyeco is another home and car insurance product that is known for its eco-friendliness.
Fill in the form and send it to get a quick car insurance quote
All info was correct at time of publishing