All you need to know about AA Roadside Assistance.
All about AA Roadside Assistance and what the plans include.
- You have a choice of 4 different plans
- All plans include emergency roadside assistance in the event of a breakdown
- Advantage Plus Plan offers assistance if your car is stolen
- All the plans have Mayday emergency medical assistance
- You can get free assistance two to five times a year
Most people know that the AA offers roadside assistance. What they don’t know is exactly what is included in that assistance. In this article, we’ll look at all four plans. If your plan does not include a free benefit, for example, towing, you can still ask for it per incident and pay for it.
All about AA Roadside Assistance and the Advantage Plus Plan
You are able to use this service up to five times annually without paying for it.
Should your car break down:
- A qualified technician is dispatched. If they cannot get the car moving, they will arrange for it to be towed and, if necessary, stored
- The AA will send someone to assist you if you lock yourself out of your car
- When you run out of petrol, you can call for assistance
- If you have a flat, you can call for assistance
- An AA security guard is on call if you feel unsafe when waiting for the technician
If your car is stolen, vandalised or involved in an accident:
- You can get mobile legal advice
- The AA app gets help quickly when you need it
- In the event of an emergency 100km or more from home, you receive lodging for the night and the AA will get in touch with your family
- If there is a medical emergency as a result of an accident or hijacking attempt, the AA will provide trained help and trauma counselling if required
- The AA will tow your car if it’s undrivable
You qualify for discounts and special packages, free guides, maps and help in obtaining a visa. You also receive the AA travel mag, a first aid kit, assistance getting an international driving permit, discounts on lodging and, in certain countries, services abroad.
Of particular advantage is that you may qualify for a reduction in the excess that must be paid in the event of loss or damage on your comprehensive vehicle insurance. You can get a quote for this cover by completing and submitting the form on this page.
- You can use this service five times annually for free
- If your car breaks down, you get the same benefits you would on the Advantage Plus Plan
- There is no cover in the event of an accident, vandalism or theft, aside from the emergency medical assistance
If you are 60 years old or more, you may use the service three times annually for free
- If you are under 25 years of age, you qualify for this plan and can use the service twice a year for free
- The benefits are the same as for the Advantage plan
- For more information on the Roadside Assistance Plan, you can contact the AA on, 0861-000 234
Now you know all about AA Roadside Assistance get a quote from us. Just fill in the form on this page and we’ll get you an affordable quote.
All info was correct at time of publishing January 27, 2019