Out in Africa Insurance from Outsurance
December 12, 2016
4x4s are not for use on nice roads – half the fun of owning a 4×4 is that they will go places that other vehicles simply cannot. Taking advantage of this feature is not without risks but, with the right insurance policy, you can have your fun and stay safe. You might want to consider Out in Africa Insurance from Outsurance.
Out in Africa Insurance from Outsurance allows you to put your 4×4 through its paces without the additional worry of what you will do if something goes wrong.
Your 4×4, and so are things such as a trailer, caravan, watercraft, etc. You can insure them all against damage or loss.
As long as your vehicle is by the manufacturer’s recommendations when off-road or on a track for four-wheel drives, you are safe. (So, no, “Hold my beer” stunts)
Where are you Covered?
Coverage extends to Angola, Botswana, Kenya, Lesotho, Mozambique, Malawi, Uganda, Namibia, Zambia, Swaziland and Zimbabwe.
What is the Cover?
- Damage or loss of the vehicle as detailed in the respective policy sections.
- Breakdowns – whether these are as a result of an electrical malfunction or a vehicle failure. This covers emergency repairs to the vehicle.
- Medical costs – cover for full medical repatriation, transport due to a medical emergency and transfers between hospitals.
- Emergency accommodation is provided when outside of South Africa.
- Repatriation of both the vehicle and its occupants in the event of a breakdown.
Before setting out it is important to check what exclusions apply when it comes to your particular policy.
- Damage or loss that results from any conditions specifically excluded under the terms and conditions of the policy.
- Damage or loss caused by social unrest in any of the countries specifically excluded, aside from Namibia and South Africa.
- Vehicles for business purposes.
- Cars that have been out of South Africa for longer than three months consecutively.
- The cover excludes vehicles not in South Africa for at least six months in any given year.
- The cost of standard labour or spares if the vehicle breaks down due to an electrical malfunction or mechanical error.
- They insurer won’t cover the vehicle for damage for any reason aside from mechanical failure, electrical failure, theft, hijacking or an accident.
The Medical Benefit Limits of Out In Africa Insurance
- Telephonic advice for medical information through the hotline is unlimited.
- Emergency medical information on the assistance line is
- Referrals to health care providers and facilities at full cost.
- Outsurance will cover Medical evacuation/ transport.
- Transfers between hospitals will be paid at full price.
- Hospital admission deposits limits to R2000.
- Outsurance will cover Medical repatriation.
- The dispatch of emergency medical personnel and medicine is paid at total cost.
- The cost of escorting minors back to South Africa, Outsurance will cover.
- Medical monitoring within the hospital, the insurer will cover.
- They will cover Compassionate visits.
FREE Online car insurance quote, just fill in the form on this page
All info was correct at time of publishing