4 x 4 Insurance from Santam
Santam offers 4 x 4 vehicle-owners the chance to customize their insurance to suit their own needs. Although not all 4 x 4 owners need full 4 x 4 insurance and Santam acknowledges this by allowing you to choose what extensions or additional services you would like to include.
So you can choose full, comprehensive cover with all the bells and whistles if you like. So alternatively, if you want to manage your premium more, you can opt to exclude some of the additional extras that you are not likely to need.
You also have the option of including excesses within your policy in order to reduce the monthly premium payable.
So in this article, we will go through what the basic cover is and what optional extras you can choose to include in 4×4 insurance.
Coverage Over More Countries
Although some insurers limit the cover offered to south of the equator. So Santam’s cover extends to 14 different African countries, including those that most insurers exclude, such as Rwanda, Tanzania, and Angola.
- Theft of vehicle
- Breakdown of vehicle
- Repatriation of the vehicle and those in it
- The removal of the wreckage
- Winching costs
- Fire extinguishing costs
Add in More Cover With 4 x 4 insurance
You can choose to include the following in your policy as well:
- Spot light, head light or tail light cover
- Replacement of lost keys
- Costs of towing
- Security for a broken-down vehicle
Cover for Death
You may cover yourself for death or injuries caused in an accident of any kind. Hence if you want to reduce the premium, you can opt to cover road accidents alone. So choose cover from R50 000 to R5 000 000. (Cover dependent on how old you are, your current level of income and your personal preference.)
Cover for Permanent Disability
You can opt in for permanent disability cover and also temporary disability cover.
Hospital Benefits with 4 x 4 insurance
You can choose to add in hospital benefits as well if you want to.
Waiver of Excess
For an additional monthly sum, you can choose to have your excess in the event of a claim waivered.
Policy holders have access to Santam’s SOS services free of charge. This includes:
- Roadside emergency services – If your car breaks down, if you run out of fuel, if you have a flat or lock your keys in the car, you can call the Santam SOS line twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
- Emergency household repairs – If your geyser bursts, windows get shattered, you get locked out or have an electrical emergency at home, you can call the Santam SOS line twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
- Right Route – will assist you with directions when travelling.
- Home Drive – Santam will send someone to fetch you and take you home if you have had too much to drink and do not want to drive. (Exclusions do apply.)
- Medical – the SOS line can assist you in arranging emergency medical care. There is a benefit of R5000 to guarantee admittance to hospital.
- Legal Advice – the SOS line can assist when it comes to telephonic legal advice and a free half an hour legal consultation.
For a FREE car insurance quote, fill in the form on this page.