Looking For The Best Car Insurance Deal?
October 8, 2018
If you are looking for the best car insurance deal you may get badly hurt if price is your only consideration.
Or if any other single feature is the only factor you are interested in – like lower premiums.
Many people don’t even consider this but what is also critically important is the issue of the excess you will have to pay in the event of an accident or a claim.
Here’s a True Story We should All take Heed Of
A recent article in the Sunday Times described a case in which a woman’s claim was for R30 000 but her excess was R27 000. In other words the insurance company paid R 3000 for the repairs and the unfortunate claimant had to pay R27 000. Ouch!
The poor woman had clearly not chosen the best, but merely the cheapest car insurance deal she could find. The insurance company was in the right. Indeed its sales person had tried to encourage her to pay more for less of an excess. She had declined. And yes, they had a audio tape of her decision to choose the cheapest option.
If you want to get the best car insurance, we suggest you get a minimum of three quotes in writing. And then compare them, before making your decision. It will take a little time, but it may save you a lot of pain in the future
Best car Insurance Factors to Be Taken into Account
- The price – the monthly premium you will have to pay
- The excess – your share of any car repair costs
- Premium reduction – will the premium decrease each year as your car become worth less and less
- No claim bonus – will premiums reduce as you build up a ‘no claim’ record
- Cash back – the amount the insurance company will return to you if you go for a certain number of years without claiming
- Courtesy car – in the event of a accident will you be supplied with a courtesy car. Car repairs can take up to a month or more to complete. How seriously will your private or/or business life be disrupted if you are without a car for length of time
For the Best car Insurance Weigh up the Price and All the Other Factors Before deciding
Last thought: as a digital company we are naturally in favour of people looking for car insurance via the internet, and we would encourage you to get the best car insurance quotes online, but we understand that some people prefer to deal through insurance brokers.
Request acar insurance quote on this page. Please complete and submit the form on this page. We will send you a quote.
All info was correct at time of publishing